Good wade fishing spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good wade fishing spots

Hello all!! Does anyone know where a rookie wade fisherman can go to get some good trout action?

Alan1Z not sure where your located but if you fish Galveston bay try Texas City Dike. Mosquito Island/Reef is a great spot. Just need to watch weather and wind. I haven't heard any reports from the area the trout might not be there yet. Sea Wolf Park will start to have trout show up around May/June. Hope this helps.

Comment

Be sure to always wear a PFD while wading and watch for ship wakes, especially around TC.
      around may the surf will heat up as well under the right conditions

Comment

Christmas Bay down in Surfside is also a great spot with fewer hazards than the dike.

Comment

• Capt-Matt
          Capt-Matt commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that shot, Google Maps I imagine. Have you guys ever looked at Google Maps, Mapquest & Bing Maps and compared the three different images? It's crazy to look at the three in three windows, there are so many different features each gives you.

Alan1Z its time to start wade fishing. The water temps are just right.

Comment

The Beachfront in front of Galveston state Park is a good spot to try this time of the year and if the wind comes up you can always hit the bayside. Also further west in front of the water tower has always treated me good. Have to walk there these days. ( Bummer ) So much for open beach access. Money wins again.

Comment

• ALAN1Z_FISHING
            ALAN1Z_FISHING commented
            Editing a comment
            Jig - Can you add overhead map shot of the area?

Here ya go Alan1z: https://www.amazon.com/Kayak-Fishing.../dp/0974225320. I have one, crazy amount of info in there.

Comment

Thanks for all the info! I plan to do more wade fishing in 2019.

Comment

Sorry I can't add a overhead map shot. Not sure how to load one from google earth

Comment

Working...
              X