Berkly Nanofil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkly Nanofil

Has anyone used this Berkly Nanofil line? I've tried a lot of lines but always find my way back to Berkly XL. I was wonder if there was anyone in this area using this product and how it preforms.

I used Berkley Big Game for many years. I switched to braid and haven't looked back. I use both Powerpro and Spiderwire. I use Seagur Fluro as a leader.
    To answer your question no I haven't used Nanofil. I will check it next time I'm at Fishing Tackle Unlimited.

Comment

It has mixed reviews online. It's supposed the best line for spinning rods but the price is hard to get passed. 15 to 20 depending on where you get it. I like to trust my line because every cast is a potential trophy and I hate "The One That Got Away" story.

Comment

Trophy fishing is whole other category. After you locate the fish and trick them into biting ( the hardest part ) you the need the gear and the know-how on how to handle and fight a trophy. Luck plays a big part I've seen guys with dead shrimp on Zebco land 9LB trout and the line was dry rotted, his wife just happened to scoop the net under the fish before it swam away.
        Top gear in tip-top shape and know how to adjust the drag properly will aid in being Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
          Trophy fishing is whole other category. After you locate the fish and trick them into biting ( the hardest part ) you the need the gear and the know-how on how to handle and fight a trophy. Luck plays a big part I've seen guys with dead shrimp on Zebco land 9LB trout and the line was dry rotted, his wife just happened to scoop the net under the fish before it swam away.
          Top gear in tip-top shape and know how to adjust the drag properly will aid in being Lucky
          I agree.
          That's why I place such emphasis on my line. The rod and real doesn't matter as much as your line and drag. I greatly enjoy being the kinda guy that goes out there with a couple of $60 Penn set ups and comes back with fish. While the guys that spend their 401K on gizmos and high end gear show up empty handed or just stay at home all together.

Comment

Working...
          X